It’s about time I share a little bit about Project Nursery! Before I was even pregnant, I had come across this picture on Pinterest and knew that it was what I wanted for a nursery:
I love that it’s clean and bright, and most of all, I love the stripes. So a few weekends ago, Jon started the nursery by painting the stripes.
He started by giving the entire room a base coat of the lighter paint, Benjamin Moore’s American White. We then figured that we wanted stripes that were about a foot wide. We did the math and determined that we could fit seven stripes, each about 11 inches wide.
Jon used his laser level to make a clean line all around the room. (Just a side plug – if you can manage to get your hands on a laser level, you will be forever grateful. This tool is genius and has come in handy so many times.) He attached the level to a piece of wood that he moved up and down the wall at an angle so that he could use it over and over again.
He taped along each of the laser lines.
He smoothed out the tape to make sure it was nice and secure against the wall.
Then he started to paint the stripes. We used Benjamin Moore’s Cement Gray in a semi-gloss finish. I wanted the semi-gloss for the stripes to add some texture when the light hits the walls.
Jon used a brush along the tape lines, just to make sure that the coverage was even and that the paint didn’t bleed. Then he used the roller to fill in the middle.
It’s always best to pull tape off right away so that the paint doesn’t dry on the tape, which would leave you with uneven lines.
And our final result:
I’m so thrilled with how it all turned out!